Secrets

Her name was Laura Green. Secret: She was adopted.

Her name is Samantha Morrison. Secret: We changed her name to match.

Her name is Princess Morrison. Secret: How could we have possibly objected when she wanted to change her name?

Her name is Nancy Drew. Secret: We hid the flour you used for fingerprints.

Her name is Freedom Morrison. Secret: We were the ones that ran over the dog.

Her name is Elizabeth. Secret: The teacher told us you wouldn't tell her your last name. You suspected you were different even then.

Her name is Phoenix Morrison. Secret: You were our favorite. So bright, always soaring, it seemed you had risen from the ashes that surrounded you.

His name is Sam Morrison. Secret: We were not sure quite what to say. We supported your decision, but we doubted inwardly.

His name is Sam Harding. Secret: We didn't like your husband.


My name was Laura Green. I was adopted. I have adapted. I have kept secrets, and I have spilled the beans. Secret: I don't like beans. I don't love my husband anymore. I want to jump off a cliff. I killed my unborn child. Secrets aren't about the things we can't tell. They are about the things that define us.

You Might Also Like

0 comments