Surf (Poetry)

 shoreline during sunset 

“Surf”

By Asche Keegan

I hold fast a heart of sand.
          It crumbles in the sun
      And firms against the waves.
                 Splashing back and forth between two extremes
    And when searching for a soul to save,
Most are looking for the sun
     As a fleeting retreat to mark footprints into.
           My heart burns warmer than it seems

         Yet when times are hard, I harden too.
      Withdrawing into a compact form
                  Your feet bounce off me, as on dry land.
              It takes a special soul to dig
For a shell they don't know is there.
       But when the waves fall back, I’ll crumble again
                        Because I hold fast a heart of sand.

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a strange, interesting poem! The way you have the text in different sizes is fascinating. Your imagery is absolutely beautiful. Been missing your writing a lot. I hope you'll be able to write and post more this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I appreciate the comment, and I hope to write more this summer as well!!

      Delete